Burbank – Critically acclaimed rock quartet The Wild Feathers will perform live on Jimmy Kimmel Live tonight,March 8th. Tune in to ABC stations at 11:35pm PST / EST and 10:35pm CT to watch the band perform “Overnight” and “Goodbye Song” from the new album, LONELY IS A LIFETIME, which will hit the streets this Friday, March 11th.
As previously mentioned, The Wild Feathers will begin an extensive North American headlining tour in support of their highly anticipated 2nd album LONELY IS A LIFETIME, on March 20th in Dallas, following the band’s shows at this year’s SXSW Festival. Tickets for all tour dates are on sale now. All dates will be listed below.
The Wild Feathers have also just confirmed an appearance on Late Night With Seth Meyers for April 27th, the day before their NYC Bowery Ballroom show. Tune in to NBC stations at 12:35 am PST / EST and 11:35pm CT.
LONELY IS A LIFETIME was produced, just as their first album, by Jay Joyce (Cage the Elephant, Zac Brown Band, Patty Griffin, Fidlar), and mixed by D. Sardy (Oasis, The Rolling Stones, Nine Inch Nails), Lonely Is A Lifetime is the follow-up to the band’s 2013 self-titled debut, which hit No.1 on Billboard’s Heatseekers chart.
“The story of this album starts with all of the touring we did,” says guitarist/vocalist Ricky Young. “We progressed as a live band. When we wrote our first record, we knew what we liked, but we didn’t really know who we were yet. The more we toured and grew into ourselves, the more we started to naturally move towards what we are today – as individuals and musicians.” Adds guitarist/vocalist Taylor Burns: “We’re a rock ‘n’ roll band who can play all different kinds of things. We made a conscious effort to expand our sound. We went into the writing mode on the same page. We wanted to preserve the essence of The Wild Feathers with the multiple harmonies, but we also wanted to take this step forward and experiment.”
Support bands on this tour will be LA-based quintet Bird Dog on the first seven shows of the tour. Their new EP “Misty Shrub,” is out now on IAMSOUND. Also from LA, The Shelters will join the tour in Seattle for the rest of the dates. Their full-length debut album – produced by Tom Petty – will be released by Warner Bros. Records later this year. Their 4-song EP is available now.
Confirmed dates are listed below.
The Wild Feathers upcoming tour dates are as follows:
# Support provided by Bird Dog
*Support provided by The Shelters
03/17 Austin, TX SXSW
03/18 Austin, TX SXSW
03/19 Austin, TX SXSW
# 03/20 Dallas, TX Kessler Theater
# 03/22 Mobile, AL Soul Kitchen
# 03/23 New Orleans, LA One Eyed Jacks
# 03/24 Birmingham, AL Saturn
# 03/26 St. Louis, MO Old Rock House
# 03/27 Omaha, NE The Waiting Room
# 03/28 Denver, CO Bluebird Theater
* 03/31 Vancouver, BC Venue Nightclub
* 04/01 Seattle, WA Tractor Tavern
* 04/03 Portland, OR Mississippi Studios
* 04/05 Solana Beach, CA Belly Up Tavern
* 04/06 West Hollywood, CA Troubadour
* 04/07 San Francisco, CA The Independent
* 04/09 Salt Lake City, UT The State Room
* 04/11 Kansas City, MO The Riot Room
* 04/12 Minneapolis, MN Varsity Theater
* 04/13 Milwaukee, WI The Rave II
* 04/15 Chicago, IL Bottom Lounge
* 04/16 Madison, WI Majestic Theater
* 04/17 Indianapolis, IN The Hi-Fi
* 04/19 Columbus, OH The A&R Music Bar
* 04/21 Toronto, ON Lee’s Palace
* 04/22 Albany, NY The Hollow
* 04/23 Burlington, VT Higher Ground
* 04/24 Portland, ME Port City Music Hall
* 04/26 Providence, RI Fete Lounge
* 04/28 New York, NY Bowery Ballroom
* 04/29 Boston, MA Brighton Music Hall
* 04/30 Philadelphia, PA The Foundry at The Fillmore
* 05/01 Washington, DC U Street Music Hall
* 05/03 Atlanta, GA Terminal West